CRITICAL AND CREATIVE THINKING...
Reflection 1. Emotional self- management.
For me, the emotions that are most difficult to manage when others disagree with me are:
* Anger.😠
* Frustation.
I deal with these by taking a deep breath and trying to convince to others that I'm right :)
Reflection 2. Influences on my thinking.
For me, the influences on my own thinking that I need to be most aware of so they don't prejudice my thinking are that most of the time I am a prepotent and selfish person.
I deal with this by listening to others first and trying to take into account their opinions.
Reflection 3. Challenging opinions.
For me, the things I find most difficult about challenging the opinions of others are desinformation or the lack of interest on their opinions.
I deal with these by looking for information so as to stablish an agreement or desagreement and also providing my own opinion in that regard, and when I don't find interesting their opinions I just ignore them.
Reflection 4.
Do you recognise anything of yourself in Bodner's description of students? What effect would the approach he suggests have on your leaning and understanding? Yes, a Non- dualistic.
Reflection 5.
Consider what you could do to manage these barriers in the next months.
I could read a lot about a variety of topics, and try to critic in a constructive way because I'm usually kind of rude.
For me, the emotions that are most difficult to manage when others disagree with me are:
* Anger.😠
* Frustation.
I deal with these by taking a deep breath and trying to convince to others that I'm right :)
Reflection 2. Influences on my thinking.
For me, the influences on my own thinking that I need to be most aware of so they don't prejudice my thinking are that most of the time I am a prepotent and selfish person.
I deal with this by listening to others first and trying to take into account their opinions.
Reflection 3. Challenging opinions.
For me, the things I find most difficult about challenging the opinions of others are desinformation or the lack of interest on their opinions.
I deal with these by looking for information so as to stablish an agreement or desagreement and also providing my own opinion in that regard, and when I don't find interesting their opinions I just ignore them.
Reflection 4.
Do you recognise anything of yourself in Bodner's description of students? What effect would the approach he suggests have on your leaning and understanding? Yes, a Non- dualistic.
Reflection 5.
Consider what you could do to manage these barriers in the next months.
I could read a lot about a variety of topics, and try to critic in a constructive way because I'm usually kind of rude.
Dear Liliana,
ResponderEliminarI appreciate your post on this interesting topic, but I would kindly invite you to revise your spelling before posting any other comment. There are some mistakes worth revising in that regard.
Thanks indeed,
Jhon Losada